Sean Cliver / Lady Liberty 8.5 Deck
Regular price $70.00
- Artwork by Sean Cliver (signed)
- Manufactured at PS Stix
- Screen-printed by Screaming Squeegees
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 32.25 (WB: 14.25)
- Product Description: Give me liberty or give me death! Or both? To be perfectly honest, I'm not a Dead fan. I know, dude, spare me the "It's not just the music, it's the overall experience and community groove," because I've been around the block a few times and heard all the justifications. To each their own. The thing is, me, I'm kind of an antisocial dick—but in a good way!—so joining a "tribe" was never gonna be my special purpose in life. Sure, some would say that skateboarding is a tribe and far be it from me to argue that point, community is as community does and I certainly found my circus niche within the tent, but really it was the whole antisocial solitary vibe that attracted me in the first place, circa 1986. Obviously skateboarding has changed a whole hell of a lot since those heckled days of societal outcast glory, long before bullying became a nationwide cause and safe spaces were something only referred to in backyard games like "50 Scatter" (incidentally, there was no such thing as the internet or social media either, but surely there is no correlation whatsoever), and I'm not saying it's for the better or worse, it's just evolution—you roll with it or you stagnate like a staph-riddled Rector knee pad. Anyway, I may never have dug the Dead's music or its accompanying scene, but I did always appreciate their imagery and typography (unlike a certain Ted Barrow, though, I never once owned or sported a T-shirt, because Dead).
- Warning: Since the dawn of mankind, top stain veneers have come in a variety of colors and the one shown here is for display purposes only. In other words, we cannot guarantee a specific color so please be pleasantly surprised with the one you receive and not get all bent and butt-hurt about it.