Ray Barbee / What if... ? / 9.5 Deck
Regular price $100.00
- Artwork by Sean Cliver
- Manufactured at PS Stix
- Screen-printed at Screaming Squeegees
- Caveat: Be aware that blemishes and imperfections are an expected and accepted part of the screen-printing process. Each board is screened by hand, one at a time, layer upon layer, making each print unique unto its own—just like snowflakes! That said, sorry, but we will not consent to any returns unless the graphic is determined to be unacceptable at our discretion. Please take this into consideration prior to ordering any screen-printed boards.
- Dimensions: 9.5 x 32.5
- Specs: Nose: 7.125 or 6.625 / Tail: 6.875 / WB: 14.5 or 15.0 (Double Drilled)
- Note: All sales are final. Can't say that any simpler. Unless the product is defective in the manufacturing sense, we will not accept any returns—in other words, you bot it, you bought it.
- Product Description: The very first time I met Steve Rocco was at the seasonal ASR Trade Show in the fall of '89. I was walking the floor in one of the lower rent rooms outside of the main arena, when I came across the World Industries booth. Can't remember if it even had a theme or any pomp and circumstance whatsoever, but there was a folding table... I do remember that much. Anyway, Rocco spotted my ID badge and was like, "Hey, you're Sean Cliver! You did the Ray Barbee graphic and saved Powell-Peralta!" I nervously laughed and mumbled something self-deprecating—as I always do—but I'd already become an envious fan of the unruly fun he seemed to be having with World and it was hard not to let a remark like that go to my head in some small way or another. Anyway, this last version of the Barbee graphic is a cockamamie "What If… ?" of sorts, like, "What if Ray Barbee's pro model had come out on World Industries and was printed in their iconic Day-Glo color schemes by Screaming Squeegees?" Granted, the fluorescent inks are no longer the same due to more stringent, eco-friendly changes in California industrial laws, but the neon song still remains somewhat the same when viewed in a blacklight setting. —Cliver
- Warning: Since the dawn of mankind stained, top and bottom stain veneers come in a variety of colors and the ones shown here are for display purposes only. In other words, we cannot guarantee a specific color so please be pleasantly surprised with the one you receive and not get all bent and butt-hurt about it.