Sean Cliver / Feedback 8.25 Deck
Regular price $70.00
- Artwork by Sean Cliver
- Manufactured at PS Stix
- Screen-printed at Screaming Squeegees
- Dimensions: 8.25 x 32 (WB: 14.25)
- Bonus: "Man Proposes, God Disposes" zine by Theodore Barrow
- Product Description: How the heck did this happen, you ask? Easy. Once I finished applying Arnica to my bruised ass post a blindside appearance on the infamous Instagram account of @feedback_ts (who by this point in time may actually be known as @the_trenchant_satirist_formerly_known_as_feedback_ts), I did a little research and realized that this Theodore Barrow guy could have easily been a candidate for a position on the Big Brother magazine writing staff back when satire was satire and sheep were aggressively herded. Instead, we had Pat Canale, Ted's fellow Hot Rodder, who may have ultimately disappeared into the Witness Protection Program following his notorious skate video review column. The magazine is long gone (do an archeological dig for Dumb: The Story of Big Brother Magazine on Hulu, should you be a resident of the USA or abuser of a VPN), but I still wanted to work with Ted in some capacity via StrangeLove. At first I was thinking custom graphic reviews that could be printed out and included with a series of boards, but then a weird cosmic coincidence happened. My partner Nick was pushing for a Dead-themed summer story and I just happened to have this rejected sketch of a pile of dead Dead bears that I'd submitted for a Pearl Jam event poster at Wrigley Field in 2017—that's not the plate of shrimp, though, this is: In Ted's Instagram stories, aka sticker sales pitches, he was simultaneously both theorizing on Pooh's appropriation by Steve Rocco in skateboarding and bashing the Dead. Serendipity, right? So we had him whip up a zine to go with the re-jiggered graphic and here it all is, printed, packaged, and produced. What a long strange trip it's been.
- Warning: Since the dawn of mankind, top stain veneers have come in a variety of colors and the one shown here is for display purposes only. In other words, we cannot guarantee a specific color so please be pleasantly surprised with the one you receive and not get all bent and butt-hurt about it.