Clyde Singleton / Deckaid / 8.0 Deck
Regular price $65.00
- Artwork by Sean Cliver
- Manufactured at PS Stix (Heat Transfer)
- Dimensions: 8.0 x 32
- Specs: Nose: 7.125 / Tail: 6.625 / WB: 14.125
- Five dollars from every sale goes to www.BoardsforBros.org
- Product Description: Springboarding off the Deckaid exhibition in Tampa, Florida, on Friday, February 28, we dug deep into the state's mid-’90s history to pay tribute to Jacksonville's own Clyde Singleton. In 1996, Clyde was pro for 101 Skateboards, during which time Sean did a graphic for him inspired by a Big Brother magazine tour they went on together through Utah and the Rocky Mountains. Although the title of the resulting article was "The Finding of Oneself" [Issue #23], the tour really felt much more like losing oneself—or maybe just losing oneself's underpants? Well, no need to go into that absurdity now. We all grow up, mature, and find our adult way through the world, as reflected in this modern day version of Clyde's 101 graphic.
- Addendum Description: Our first run of these boards back in February had to be printed with digital output transfers at PS Stix to meet the event deadline. However, there were some color flaking issues with the transfers—not sure why exactly, but I don't think they had adequate time to dry before being shrink-wrapped—and the top logo had to be reduced to two colors. Long story short, the transfers on this new run were printed the "good way" with spot colors and a full color top logo as was originally intended.
- Warning: Since the dawn of mankind, top stain veneers have come in a variety of colors and the one shown here is for display purposes only. In other words, we cannot guarantee a specific color so please be pleasantly surprised with the one you receive and not get all bent and butt-hurt about it.