Timothy Johnson / Panther / 8.25 Deck
Regular price $80.00
- Artwork by Sean Cliver
- Manufactured at PS Stix
- Hand-screened at Screaming Squeegees
- Caveat: Be aware that blemishes and imperfections are an expected and accepted part of the screen-printing process. Each board is screened by hand, one at a time, layer upon layer, making each print unique unto its own—just like snowflakes! That said, sorry, but we will not consent to any returns unless the graphic is determined to be unacceptable at our discretion. Please take this into consideration prior to ordering any screen-printed boards.
- Dimensions: 8.25 x 32.25
- Specs: Nose: 7.0 / Tail: 6.75 / WB: 14.25
- Note: All sales are final. Can't say that any simpler. Unless the product is defective in the manufacturing sense, we will not accept any returns—in other words, you bot it, you bought it.
- Product Description: If you know your radical history then you're well aware that Chicago played host to two significant events in the history of the Black Panther Party. One, the "justifiable homicide, " aka assassination, of party chairman Fred Hampton in a joint raid by the Chicago Police Department and the FBI; and two, the infamous "Trial of the Chicago 8," where Black Panther co-founder Bobby Seale was "accused along with seven white men of conspiring to cross state lines with the intent of causing riots during the 1968 Democratic Nominating Convention." During the proceedings, or at least for his notorious part, Seale grew increasingly agitated by the decrees of Judge Julius Hoffman, calling him a "rotten racist pig, fascist liar." These outbursts resulted in his being ordered by the judge to be bound, gagged, and chained to his seat for the duration of his courtroom appearances until his case was severed from the other seven defendants. —Cliver
- Warning: Since the dawn of mankind, top and bottom stain veneers come in a variety of colors and the ones shown here are for display purposes only. In other words, we cannot guarantee a specific color so please be pleasantly surprised with the one you receive and not get all bent and butt-hurt about it.